AES Cultural Scholars
The AES Cultural Scholars is specialized programming for AES Scholars who are National Achievement Scholars designated by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation and National Hispanic Recognition Scholars designated by College Board.
The UT Dallas AES Cultural Scholars strive to create a community of academic enrichment, contribute to the University and surrounding areas through service, create a comfortable social environment, and promote cultural unity and awareness.
The benefits of being involved in AES Cultural Scholars include, but are not limited to:
- Support: One-on-one guidance from an AES Program Coordinator
- Involvement: Community engagement through volunteer opportunities
- Special Events: Social opportunities such as cultural outings to downtown Dallas
- Leadership: Opportunity to participate in the AES Cultural Scholars Leadership Committee
- Career: Research, internships, and career preparation opportunities
AES Cultural Scholars are expected to meet with an AES Program Coordinator three times throughout a semester and to attend one event in both the fall and spring semesters.
AES Cultural Scholars Leadership Committee
Jaron Arismendez – Neuroscience Major
Sebastian Mejia - Neuroscience Major
Alisa Pena - Biology Major
Kassandra Reyes - Neuroscience Major
Wednesday, September 3: Welcome Dinner at 5:30 pm in FO 2nd Floor Atrium
Saturday, October 11: Dinner and Night at the Symphony at 5:00 pm
Saturday, October 25: Volunteer at Heard Museum
Friday, November 7th: Volunteer at Junior Achievement for a Day
Wednesday, January 28: Scholars Welcome Back Networking Reception from 3:00 – 5:00 in FO 2nd Floor Atrium
Friday, March 27: Dinner and Night at the Opera at 5:45 pm
Friday, April 11: Volunteer at Junior Achievement for a Day