Academic Excellence Scholarship Program
Accepting AES Award
Make sure to accept your AES awards and your AES Academic Agreement by May 1. There will be no exceptions to the May 1 deadline.
Steps to accepting an AES award
- Review the complete list of steps to take after receiving notice of admission as a freshman student located on the website of the Office of Enrollment Services.
- Notify the University of your intent to enroll.
- Setup your NetID and Password using your UTD ID (ten-digit number provided via email at the time of application) and Birthdate.
- To accept your AES awards and Academic Agreement, log into Galaxy, then select "Orion Student Center." A new window will open. Please disable Windows pop-up blockers. Under "To Do List," select "AES Acceptance Process."
- We strongly recommend downloading the step-by-step instructions to guide you through the four-step AES Acceptance Process.
- If you completed the AES Acceptance Process, you will receive an email to your UTD email address that will acknowledge receipt of the submission.
- If you accepted your AES award, you are automatically eligible to apply by April 1 for an internship position in the UT Dallas Clark Summer Research Program. Visit the Clark Summer Research Program webpage for more information.
- Apply for housing if you wish to live on campus.
- Apply for financial aid.
- Register for an Orientation and consider participating in Comet Camp.