Presidential Achievement Scholarship
The Presidential Achievement Scholarship will open in late fall 2016.
The Presidential Achievement Scholarship is an endowed scholarship awarded twice a year (contingent upon availability of funding) by the Office of Undergraduate Education (OUE). The Presidential Achievement Scholarship is designed to reward successful UT Dallas students who possess exemplary academic records and are engaged in the university community through activities such as research and involvement in student organizations. Successful applicants illustrate academic excellence, leadership, and provide evidence of how this award would contribute to the achievement of their academic goals. Students who feel they meet the scholarship qualifications should complete the online Presidential Achievement Scholarship Application form. The OUE determines the number of semesters the Presidential Achievement Scholarship will be awarded based on the cumulative number of hours completed at the time of application including AP credit and transfer credit hours.
Students who receive an Academic Excellence Scholarship that provides complete coverage of tuition and mandatory fees are not eligible to receive the Presidential Achievement Scholarship. Additionally, the scholarship cannot be applied toward graduate school. To be considered for Presidential Achievement Scholarship the following eligibility requirements must have been met prior to applying:
- UT Dallas students who have completed a minimum of 30 UT Dallas credit hours.
- All applicants must US citizens or permanent residents.
Previous recipients of the Presidential Achievement Scholarship who reapply to the program are given priority consideration during the application review process.
Conditions of the Scholarship:
- Awards are renewable for the number of semesters designated in the award letter.
- Recipients must make satisfactory progress toward graduation in order to retain the scholarship.
- Awardees must complete 24 hours each academic year (fall and spring semesters).
- Awardees must maintain full time status each semester.
- Recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA and earn a letter grade of C or above in all classes.
Application & Notification Process:
- Applications must be submitted by April 15 in order to be considered for the academic year that begins the following fall semester.
- All applications will be reviewed by a committee.
- Recipients will be notified of an award prior to the start of the next long semester.
- Notification will be via UT Dallas e-mail.
- Students who are awarded the scholarship must follow the directions in the e-mail and accept the scholarship and conditions stated.
- If awarded, you must accept the scholarship by the deadline date in your award letter. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of scholarship award.
- Awards are contingent on availability of funding.
For further information contact the Office of Undergraduate Education at (972) 883-6706 or visit FO 2.710.