UT Dallas Presidential Achievement Scholarship
The UT Dallas Presidential Achievement Scholarship will open in early spring 2017.
The UT Dallas Presidential Achievement Scholarship is an endowed scholarship awarded twice a year by the Office of Undergraduate Education (OUE) at a minimum of $2,500 per year and not to exceed $10,000 over a four-year period. The UT Dallas Presidential Achievement Scholarship is designed to reward successful UT Dallas students who possess exemplary academic records. Successful applicants illustrate academic excellence, and provide evidence of how this award would contribute to the achievement of their academic goals. Students who feel they meet the scholarship qualifications should complete the online UT Dallas Presidential Achievement Scholarship Application form.
Students who receive an Academic Excellence Scholarship that provides complete coverage of tuition and mandatory fees are not eligible to receive the UT Dallas Presidential Achievement Scholarship. Additionally, the scholarship cannot be applied toward graduate school. To be considered for the UT Dallas Presidential Achievement Scholarship the following eligibility requirements must have been met prior to applying:
- Freshmen students
- Transfer students with at least 29 hours and no more than 54 hours
- All applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents
Previous recipients of the UT Dallas Presidential Achievement Scholarship who reapply to the program are given priority consideration during the application review process as long as they meet the conditions of the scholarship.
Conditions of the Scholarship:
- The minimum award will be $2,500 per year not to exceed $10,000 over a four-year period and will be prorated in the case of transfer students.
- Awards are renewable for the number of semesters designated in the award letter.
- Recipients must make satisfactory progress toward graduation in order to retain the scholarship.
- Awardees must complete 24 hours each academic year (fall and spring semesters).
- Awardees must maintain full time status each semester.
- Recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA and earn a letter grade of C or above in all classes.
Application & Notification Process:
- Applications must be submitted by June 1 in order to be considered for the academic year that begins the following fall semester.
- All applications will be reviewed by a committee.
- Recipients will be notified of an award prior to the start of the next long semester.
- Notification will be via UT Dallas e-mail.
- Students who are awarded the scholarship must follow the directions in the e-mail and accept the scholarship and conditions stated.
- If awarded, you must accept the scholarship by the deadline date in your award letter. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of scholarship award.
- Awards are contingent on availability of funding.
For further information contact the Office of Undergraduate Education at (972) 883-6706 or visit FO 2.710.