Student Outreach and Academic Retention (SOAR)
In addition to School based advising, the Student Outreach and Academic Retention (SOAR) office is dedicated to providing academic advising to students who are at-risk for Academic Suspension and students who have not met the Academic Excellence Scholarship (AES) requirements. Students not in good academic standing or have not met their AES scholarship requirements are required to meet with a SOAR advisor and follow a prescribed advising plan. The individualized plan will be designed to help each student improve their academic standing by addressing their specific needs including but not limited to study skills, time management skills, personal issues, and appropriate campus office referrals. SOAR office advising is available to all students though not required of students in good standing.
|Advisor Name||Phone Ext.||Office Location||Students Assigned|
|La Tina Jacksonemail@example.com||FO2.204||A-C|
Student Outreach and Academic Retention is open during the following hours:
- Monday, Thursday, Friday 8-5
- Tuesday and Wednesday 8-6:30 with certain advisors available until 6:30 each day.
Appointments can be made at http://undergraduate-education.genbook.com, however, walk-ins are also welcome. SOAR also has a Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/UTDallasSoar. "Like" us and find important information for you.
- You are only allotted the time frame you schedule. If you show up after your time begins you may not be allowed to extend your meeting beyond the ending time.
- If you are 15 minutes late to your appointment you may be asked to reschedule.
- If you show up early you may be taken in early if your advisor’s schedule permits it.
For information regarding probation requirements in the current catalog, please visit:
For information about Academic Excellence Scholarship (AES) please visit: