UT Dallas Cultural Scholars
The Cultural Scholars Program provides specialized programming for underrepresented minority students who receive an Academic Excellence Scholarship. The Cultural Scholars Program was created in an effort to foster academic achievement, social belonging, encourage engagement on campus, and help plan for future graduate school or career goals.
Class of 2024 Cultural Scholar Participation Agreement
Deadline to submit is August 1st, 2020
Click here to complete the Agreement
The UT Dallas Cultural Scholars strive to create a community of academic enrichment, contribute to the University and surrounding areas through service, create a comfortable social environment, and promote cultural unity and awareness.
The benefits of being a Cultural Scholar include, but are not limited to:
- Support: One-on-one guidance from a Cultural Scholars Program Specialist
- Involvement: Community engagement through service activities
- Special Events: Cultural activities and social events
- Leadership: Opportunity to participate in the Cultural Scholars Leadership Committee
- Career: Research, internships, and career preparation workshops
Cultural Scholars are expected to meet with the Program Specialist at least two times throughout a semester and attend one event in both the fall and spring semesters.