AES Cultural Scholars
From 2012-2015, AES Cultural Scholars was specialized programming for AES Scholars who are National Achievement Scholars designated by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation and National Hispanic Recognition Scholars designated by College Board. In 2016, the program expanded to include all underrepresented minority AES Scholars. At UT Dallas this includes African American and Hispanic students.
The UT Dallas AES Cultural Scholars strive to create a community of academic enrichment, contribute to the University and surrounding areas through service, create a comfortable social environment, and promote cultural unity and awareness.
The benefits of being involved in AES Cultural Scholars include, but are not limited to:
- Support: One-on-one guidance from an AES Program Specialist
- Involvement: Community engagement through volunteer opportunities
- Special Events: Social opportunities such as cultural outings to downtown Dallas
- Leadership: Opportunity to participate in the AES Cultural Scholars Leadership Committee
- Career: Research, internships, and career preparation opportunities
AES Cultural Scholars are expected to meet with an AES Program Specialist three times throughout a semester and to attend one event in both the fall and spring semesters.
AES Cultural Scholars Leadership Committee
Jose Aguilar – Biochemistry Major
Victoria Barrera – Biomedical Engineering Major
Joceylin Duarte – Molecular Biology Major
Bethany Salgado – International Political Economy Major
Welcome Dinner - September 19, 2017
S'mores Night - September 27, 2017
Viva Volunteer - October 28, 2017
Capture the flag - November 8, 2017
Cultural Game Night – December 1, 2017