AES Cultural Scholars
From 2012-2015, AES Cultural Scholars was specialized programming for AES Scholars who are National Achievement Scholars designated by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation and National Hispanic Recognition Scholars designated by College Board. In 2016, the program expanded to include all underrepresented minority AES Scholars. At UT Dallas this includes African American and Hispanic students.
The UT Dallas AES Cultural Scholars strive to create a community of academic enrichment, contribute to the University and surrounding areas through service, create a comfortable social environment, and promote cultural unity and awareness.
The benefits of being involved in AES Cultural Scholars include, but are not limited to:
- Support: One-on-one guidance from an AES Program Specialist
- Involvement: Community engagement through volunteer opportunities
- Special Events: Social opportunities such as cultural outings to downtown Dallas
- Leadership: Opportunity to participate in the AES Cultural Scholars Leadership Committee
- Career: Research, internships, and career preparation opportunities
AES Cultural Scholars are expected to meet with an AES Program Specialist three times throughout a semester and to attend one event in both the fall and spring semesters.
AES Cultural Scholars Leadership Committee
Major: Computer Science, Software Engineering
Major: Cognitive Science
Welcome Back Reception – January 25, 2018
Dodgeball Game – February 9, 2018
Meyerson Symphony – February 23, 2018
Volunteer Event – March (TBD)
ACS Game Night – April 12, 2018
DMA Late Night – April 20, 2018
USS and ACS Finals Breakfast – April 30, 2018