UT Dallas Testing Center ALEKS Proctoring
The UT Dallas Testing Center provides in person proctoring of the ALEKS assessment. Please read below for more information.
Payment and Setup
After you have paid for access to the ALEKS exam you may proceed to the Testing Center's ALEKS website. There you can make payment as well as see necessary information and reserve a seat. Currently the Testing Center is charging $35 per testing attempt. Opportunities to use the Testing Center are limited currently the testing days are: every Mon, Tue & Fri from 9am – 5pm.
- You must RESERVE your seat at least 72 hours in advance. Go to https://ets.utdallas.edu/testing-center/aleks to pay and reserve your seat.
- Arrive at the Testing Center prior to your scheduled time and date. The Testing Center is located at 3020 Waterview Pkwy, SP2 Suite 11.175, for your scheduled ALEKS Assessment.
You must bring a photo ID. Without proper ID you will be denied to take your exam.
- For UT Dallas students enrolled in classes: you must bring your Comet ID card to be admitted into the Testing Center.
- For UT Dallas students not enrolled in classes: one of the following are ACCEPTABLE forms of ID to be admitted into the Testing Center:
- State ID
- State Driver's License or Learner's permit
- Other Govt. issued ID (Military ID, Passport, CHL, etc.)
- School ID
You must arrive 15 minutes before your test time. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late to your test appointment, you may not be admitted.
A link to the ALEKS assessment will be provided at the computer station for the student’s convenience. Once logged into ALEKS students proceed to proctoring for the exam. The Testing Center staff will enter the proctor password. Cheating will invalidate your assessment.
The email address you will have provided (preferably UT Dallas email address, ends with "utdallas.edu") will be used for official notifications regarding the exam you have registered for.
Personal items are not allowed in the testing room during test session. These include:
- Backpacks, bags, wallets, purses, all watches (including digital, analog, smart watches and Fitbits), bracelets, wrist-bands, keys, calculator covers
- Candy, chewing gum, tobacco products, E-cigarette, food or beverages of any kind, including water bottles
- Outer coats, jackets, sweaters, gloves, sunglasses, scarves, hats, head coverings (except for cultural or religious purposes)
- Electronic devices: any phones, pagers, iPads, laptops, cameras, recording/listening/scanning or photographic devices etc.)
- No calculators are permitted. ALEKS provides an online calculator for your use.
- No scratch paper or pencils. The Testing Center provides small erase boards and markers.
Prior to arrival at the Testing Center - contact information is provided on the Testing Center’s website:
There will be staff on hand to answer questions after your arrival at the Testing Center.