The Comet Cents Money Management Center provides free education to currently enrolled students on personal financial topics such as saving/budgeting, credit management, student loans, identity theft and financial responsibilities after college.
You can meet with a financial coach for a one-on-one session or attend a workshop.
If you are interested in a workshop presentation, please complete the request form.
Spring 2020 Hours
What Comets are saying about our services
- “I thought the group activity, comparing credit card offers, was helpful in showing me the different options available. The different options (student, secured, checking vs savings) were presented well. I also didn't know you could get free credit reports.”
- “The game was extremely engaging and help give a better understanding of budgeting.”
- “This was a really helpful workshop. UTD should definitely continue providing this training and keep helping students understand financial literacy.”
Smart About Money workshop series
- “I really liked the activities in each workshop!”
- “I really liked the activities we did-they were very thought provoking, and I loved the level of individualization communicated.”
- “I was able to verify I am doing the right things.”
- “I learned how to apply for a credit card and track my expenses.”
- “Being able to talk to someone. Learning about CD's and financial budgeting.”
- “It was nice that she was able to provide information... Received an insight in future costs which was very helpful.”
McDermott Library First Floor
Access self-paced training modules on financial responsibility and financial literacy topics.
View Comet Cents’ upcoming events and workshops. Open to all UT Dallas students.
A variety of online resources are available, ranging from money management tools to financial aid guides.
Comet Cents Team Members
View a roster of this semester’s team members.