Clark Summer Research Program
First-time-in-college freshmen who are awarded an Academic Excellence Scholarship may apply for one of twenty Clark Summer Research positions awarded annually. Clark Summer Research Program applications for incoming freshmen are considered after AES Acceptance Forms have been completed and processed.
Incoming freshmen are given priority consideration for Clark positions but continuing students who are AES recipients are also encouraged to apply.
The objective of the Clark Summer Research Program is to enrich the academic experience of our students by providing an opportunity for them to conduct hands-on research with some of UT Dallas’ nationally recognized faculty and talented undergraduate, graduate, and post-doctoral students. This program seeks to instill the value of research in undergraduate students so that they remain actively engaged in research activities that contribute to their fields of interest and the University throughout their academic and professional careers.
The research and lab experiences afforded to students in this program are rarely offered at the undergraduate level. Students are actively engaged in serious research activities that give them a realistic view of the work conducted in their academic disciplines. Each student is assigned a faculty research mentor for the duration of the program.
Clark Summer Research Program application deadline is April 1.
- The summer 2017 program is tentatively scheduled June 5th through August 4th (a period of 9 weeks).
- Students are required to participate in research activities 40 hours per week with their faculty research mentor or research team. PLEASE NOTE: Clark Scholars may not be simultaneously enrolled in summer classes or have another program commitment during the nine weeks of the Clark Program.
- Students from outside of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex are provided on-campus housing for the duration of the program. At the conclusion of the program, resident Clark Scholars have the option to transfer to their fall assignments and pay for that period themselves or move out after the Clark program and move back in on freshman move-in day.
- Program participants are required to present their research at the annual Clark Summer Research Conference at the conclusion of the program.
- Applicants must have a Social Security number in order to be eligible.
Disciplines commonly providing opportunities for Clark Scholars include:
- Arts and Technology
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Speech – Language Pathology and Audiology
Apply to the Clark Summer Research Program
In order to begin the application process for a position in the Clark Summer Research Program, eligible students must first accept their AES award.
You will use your UT Dallas NetID and Password to access the online Clark Summer Research Program application. If you would like a paper copy of the Clark Summer Research Program Application, please contact our office at 972-883-6706. Note that due to the timeframe of the program, there will be no exceptions to the April 1 deadline.
- Click here to access the Clark Summer Research Program electronic application form.
- Under 'Log In Here' type in your UT Dallas NetID and Password and select 'Submit.'
- Review the information regarding the specifics of the program.
Once you have reviewed the information, proceed to make the appropriate selections and provide answers for each of the questions included in the application.
- Review your selections and answers carefully.
- Select 'Submit Form' located at the bottom of the page.
- If your application was submitted successfully, the screen will read, "Your submission has been saved."
For more information about applying for the Clark Summer Research Program please contact Hillary Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org.