Student Outreach and Academic Retention (SOAR)
The Student Outreach and Academic Retention (SOAR) office is dedicated to providing academic advising to students who are at-risk for Academic Suspension and students who have not met the requirements for their Academic Excellence Scholarship (AES). Students not in good academic standing or have not met their AES scholarship requirements are required to meet with a SOAR advisor and follow a prescribed advising plan. The individualized plan will be designed to help each student improve their academic standing by addressing their specific needs including but not limited to study skills, time management skills, personal issues, and appropriate campus office referrals. SOAR office advising is available to all students, though not required of students in good standing.
Student Outreach and Academic Retention is located in the McDermott Library (MC 1.312) and is open during the following hours: Monday - Friday 8-5
- To discuss your Institutional Scholarship please schedule with one of our Scholarship Probation Advisors
- To discuss your Probation or Warning status or discuss your academic standing/progress please schedule with one of our Academic Achievement Advisors
- Appointments can be made at http://undergraduate-education.genbook.com, however, walk-ins are also welcome, subject to availability.
- You are only allotted the time frame you schedule. If you show up after your time begins you may not be allowed to extend your meeting beyond the ending time.
- If you are 15 minutes late to your appointment you may be asked to reschedule.
- If you show up early you may be taken in early if your advisor’s schedule permits it.
For information regarding probation requirements in the current catalog, please visit:
For information about Academic Excellence Scholarship (AES) please visit: